BigCommerce eCommerce – All the updated info 2021
Do you want to start an eCommerce business and don’t know where to start or which CMS (Content Management System) platform to choose? Alongside with Shopify, PrestaShop, WooCommerce, or BigCommerce is surely a great possible choice to take into account. In this post we are going to review the entire BigCommerce ecosystem so that you can decide if this is the right platform for you.
Let’s review some of the main benefits that we will get if we choose BigCommerce as our CMS platform to build our eCommerce business.
- BigCommerce offers a cloud solution. This means that you don’t have to worry about getting an external hosting service because your store will automatically be built on their servers. Your store will be guaranteed to have a fast loading time no matter where you are.
- Good pricing, the pricing of BigCommerce is anywhere from $29 for their basic plan to $299 for the highest plan. Depending on what you need or the performance you are expecting for your business, you can select the plan that suits your needs better.
- BigCommerce stores are easy to customize with their themes. It is really easy to use and no coding skills are required, making it accessible to most people.
- Multi-currency is available in case you want to make international sales.
- BigCommerce allows you to add multiple payment methods by default, making your store really versatile.
- There are apps that can help you solve every aspect of your store, from marketing strategies to product shippings.
After reviewing some of the main strengths that BigCommerce can offer you, let’s get into the weaknesses that you have to take into account if you decide to create your store with BigCommerce.
- Right now BigCommerce has low integration with social media, making it hard to sell directly through your social media platforms.
- Compared with other CMS platforms, BigCommerce lacks when talking about the quantity of themes or apps.
- Compared to Shopify or Woocommerce, their community of users is not that big. So maybe you will find it harder to look for a solution for specific problems.
Useful BigCommerce apps
As other CMS platforms, BigCommerce offers a marketplace full of useful apps where the user can find almost any kind of app to make their store better. This is our selection of useful apps for each category:
When talking about marketing strategy there is a couple of apps that you should consider adding to your store:
- Google Ads & Shopping: If you want to boost your traffic and get more potential customers visiting your store, Google Ads definitely can help you achieve that. With just a few clicks your store will be promoted all over Google’s network!
- Smile.io: With this app you will be able to create a reward program and fidelize your clients. Is the perfect tool if you want your clients to buy again and again!
Giving your customers the best experience while they are navigating your store is crucial if you want them to purchase from your site. One of the best tricks is making them see that it is really easy to contact you:
- Re:amaze Live Chat & Helpdesk, with this app you will be able to add a chat to your website which the customer can use to contact you.
- FAQ by POWR, with this app you will be able to add a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) to your site. This way, the customer can check all the useful information that they need to know before deciding to purchase from your store.
Shipping & Fulfillment
These apps can help you to have better tracked the logistics of your store:
- AfterShip & Returns Center, with this app you can not only keep track of the orders but also the returns. It supports shipment tracking of over 700 carriers (DHL, UPS, FedEx…)
- Spocket Dropshipping is the app that you need if you have a dropshipping store, it allows you to have access to warehouses based in the US and EU, so the shipping will be really fast.
Bigcommerce has some really beautiful themes that you can use to personalize your store, our favorites are:
Vault: Simple and clean theme that will make your store look really professional!
LifeStyle Default: Awesome theme that will suit really well if you are planning to open a clothing or accessories store.
Did you like our BigCommerce 2021 review? Tell us which CMS would you like us to make a review in the comments section below and don’t forget to follow us on social media.