The Best eCommerce Advertising Strategies
Do you have a business idea but don’t know which eCommerce advertising strategy is the best to start with?
According to InfoRetail magazine “more than 80% of Spanish people are buying online this year, and almost half of them are doing it from a mobile phone.”
Furthermore, search interest for “home delivery” increased by 50% and search interest for “home entertainment” increased by x2 in Google search trends.
Today, having an eCommerce is becoming a necessity for your business idea to grow exponentially, reach the ideal audience, and sell faster and easier.
However, it has become increasingly difficult to compete in the online market of each sector, as businesses struggle to stand out in overly saturated markets. Many companies follow similar advertising strategies which makes it difficult to differentiate themselves from others.
That being said, there’s no need to worry! In this post I will share with you the best advertising strategies for eCommerce and trends, and how to get the best out of them to stand out and succeed with your online store.
The Best eCommerce advertising strategies
Here are a list of some of the best eCommerce advertising strategies and how to implement them to your business:
- Content Advertising
- Advertising on Social Networks
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- SEM (Paid Advertising)
- Advertising via Email (Email Marketing)
# 1 Content Advertising
Content marketing advertising is considered a long-term bet, however, it helps to capture leads at a very low cost.
Here, creativity and investment of time when creating the content are considered equally important. Some ideas include: blogs, videos, infographics, webinars, surveys, podcasts, among others.
Let’s see some examples:
- Post type BLOG: before creating a blog, we recommend that you thoroughly investigate the qualities of a good blog and ways you can optimize it through SEO (we will see this later). The first thing to keep in mind is to find the type of audience you want to target; It is recommended to start with a specific niche in the sector in which your company is moving. For example, if you have a beauty supply store, start writing about it to attract that type of audience. After you’ve built an audience, write about beauty-related topics of interest, such as skin care.
- Videos: the idea is to make videos creatively and consistently. What you want with this type of content is to focus on the user rather than the product. Create content that attracts the target audience, seek to make them become a frequent viewer and finally lead them to be our client.
- Webinars: the idea with webinars is to generate educational and interesting content for the type of user/audience that we want to attract. For this to be effective, it is suggested that the event does not last longer than 40-45 minutes of exposure and 15-20 minutes of interaction with the public.
- Podcast: when looking for how to optimize the time of our users, a podcast is the best option. The content can be consumed anytime, anywhere. The objective with the podcast format, like webinars, is to create interesting content for the client, with the difference that in webinars there is face-to-face interaction and feedback.
# 2 Advertising on Social Networks
¿How many times have we heard people say: “I am going to post many times every day to have more followers and thus increase my sales”? And the truth is that, sometimes due to the lack of preparedness and organization, we end up publishing content that is not of value.
All social networks have a target audience, they are the advertising channel that takes the most effort, in the end what is sought after with them is to generate visibility and improve customer loyalty.
Today there are different advertising strategies on social networks, some such as:
- Contests and “giveaways”: these are used primarily to increase followers. It can be done individually or in collaboration with another brand.
- Action calendar: it is used to plan what topic will be discussed each month. Many brands use the special dates of the year to work on a specific theme. Like for example Valentine’s Day or Black Friday.
- Share customer content: The goal here is to share customer posts when they have recommended the brand. This is used to build loyalty and interact with current customers and thus generate more interaction.
- Paid advertising on social networks: this consists of paying to gain visibility, customers and sales. It is generally used for promoting a post or creating campaigns that reach specific target audiences.
- Pay to increase more followers: there are some tools that help you to have more followers by paying for them.
We must not forget that when there is a strategy, the content has a purpose.
# 3 SEO
Let’s start first by defining the term SEO, which stands for Search Engine Optimization; Clearly speaking, it is about making your website appear among the first results organically, when someone searches for the products and/or services that you are selling. It is considered a long-term and free advertising strategy, as it does not provide immediate results.
Using SEO will increase your store traffic, visibility and brand recognition.
I will explain in 5 steps the most optimal way to perform SEO:
- The first step is to know the keywords to use. This is done by doing keyword research on your website and your competitors. I suggest the Google Ads tool, but you can also find keyword planning tools on platforms such as SemRush, Ubersuggest, Answer The Public, Keywords Everywhere. You can also try our free Clever Ads keyword planner .
- The second step is to research the content you want to use to optimize your website. Google rewards a website in positioning, when the content is new and interesting. When you take the user to a specific point of your website (landing pages), it is necessary to make sure the design is good, easy and simple to understand.
- The third step, although new content is always more important for Google, when it comes to positioning a website in the search engine, it is also important to update the old content. ¡Don’t put it aside!
- The fourth step, avoid having duplicate content from other websites. In SEO the most important aspect is the creation of unique and creative content. Use information from the internet for inspiration, but don’t copy it. There is nothing better than having something of your own and original. Duplicity/plagiarism is punishable!
- The fifth and final step is knowing how to use optimization to your advantage. Do not use the keywords and links more than once, become acquainted with all the good SEO practices and apply them one by one.
Finally, you can also use Google Analytics to track the metrics of that content that generates good performance, take it as a reference point for the future.
Check the link :Clever Ads Keyword Planner | Boost your SEO & SEM Strategies !
# 4 SEM (Paid Advertising)
SEM or search engine marketing makes your website appear among the first results when someone searches for the products and/or services you are selling, the only difference is that it is not free . It is considered one of the advertising strategies for eCommerce with the best short-term results.
In SEM, the most important thing is to define in which part of the conversion funnel you want to focus the campaign: generate awareness defined as branding, brand consideration and conversion, or lead users directly to generate a purchase.
There are 2 main SEM campaigns, we name them below with their respective objective:
- Search: appear among the first in the google search engine.
- Shopping: appear among the first bidders of products and services
If you want to start and see results of the investment of your campaign, we recommend you start with display or shopping (eCommerce ads), and if you already want to have a more personalized result, depending on the objective, you can focus on search, display, video, smart or discovery.
Using SEM will bring more traffic to your store, visits and conversions… In other words, more sales!
# 5 Advertising through Email (Email Marketing)
This type of advertising consists of sending emails to users. It is normally used to retain customers who already interact with your brand or to reach new customers with promotions.
Whatever type of advertising strategy you want to use, we recommend that email marketing always be an option within these. It will help you maintain direct contact with the customer.