Benefits of dynamic remarketing
To start talking about dynamic remarketing, first we must have to know several basic concepts: Do you know what is remarketing? Do you know what dynamic remarketing is?
As we will explain below, like almost everything in the world of advertising, there is the option of traditional remarketing, and the “modern” option, known as dynamic.
Let’s start from the beginning!
What is traditional remarketing
Remarketing is a system that allows you to create tailored or personalized ads for users who have previously visited a website.
It is a solution associated with Google Adwords with the aim of achieving a better return on investment (ROI).
The main utility of remarketing is that it allows to reach again the user who at some point has visited an online store or any other website without completing the purchase process or conversion. What is achieved is to remember and offer the potential customer the product or service for which, in some way, has been interested at some point.
How does remarketing work?
When a user accesses a web page he is detected internally by a cookie.
Cookies are files created by a website with small amounts of data sent between an issuer and a receiver with a double purpose: to identify each visitor and to have access to his activity history.
The information provided by the cookie allows the user to be added to a remarketing list, which will serve as a guide for a Google Adwords Display campaign that allows the creation of personalized ads based on the action the user has taken on the website.
Dynamic remarketing vs traditional remarketing: main differences
There is a main difference between these 2 types of remarketing campaigns. While traditional remarketing targets your past visitors with static ads, dynamic remarketing goes a step further. It creates ads and shows them to past visitors based on their previous interactions with your website.
For instance, imagine that you own a clothing store and someone has been looking at your shoe collection; dynamic remarketing will automatically create a banner with the product they have been observing along with other similar products.
Dynamic remarketing is the best option for optimizing your campaigns and here is why:
- Higher CTR (Click-Through Rate): while you are showing collections of products that the customer was interested in, you have higher chances of bringing them back to your store.
- Higher conversion rate: showing personalized ads for each customer increases the conversion rate of your ads.
- Helps you optimize your marketing budget: dynamic remarketing lets you bring back customers with a higher possibility to convert. Therefore, you can make sure that the clicks are really relevant.
- Helps you build customer loyalty: when you target a customer with similar products compared to those previously bought from your store, you are keeping your brand in their mind.
- The main advantage of remarketing is the effectiveness of campaigns at the level of conversions. Potential customers who have already been to the online store before are targeted, hence the efficiency is higher than an AdWords campaign where we target a much wider audience.
- It is possible to define the time of validity of the cookie that we leave in the client’s browser. Depending on the business, this time will be more or less long, with the intention of always reaching the customer at the time they need to make the purchase. This effectiveness translates into a ROI that, in general, is much higher than that offered by other types of advertising.
Main disadvantage of remarketing
The main disadvantage of a remarketing campaign is that it is a slow process.
Its configuration, as we have seen before, is based on lists, which are populated as users browse your website or online store. The size of the lists depends mainly on the number of visits a website has.
In order to grow the list at the beginning, it is usual to resort to AdWords and Shopping campaigns.
With them, the first qualified visitors to the website are obtained and, from there, the remarketing lists are populated.
For a business that invests in organic positioning, remarketing is also a great ally, since, as we saw among its advantages, it offers a higher conversion rate than other types of pay-per-click campaigns.
Aspects to take care of in a remarketing campaign
It is necessary to define the strategy of a campaign very well and take care of its configuration in order not to achieve the opposite effect to the one desired.
Remarketing gives us a second option to capture a customer but, we must not abuse the ads and get to bother the user, since that would be totally counterproductive for our business.
The different remarketing strategies
As we have mentioned, remarketing is a system that, as part of Google Ads, tries to take advantage of the navigation data obtained by the cookies of users who have already visited our website to advertise again that product or service for which they have been interested, but have not yet bought.
To do this, various remarketing strategies are used; the most common is standard remarketing, which consists of displaying an advertisement while browsing other websites that are associated with the display network.
Other types of remarketing are:
- Search remarketing. It appears when the user who has previously been interested in our product searches the internet for keywords previously chosen by us.
- More specific remarketing strategies. For example, remarketing for mobiles, where ads related to applications or websites for smartphones that the user uses or has visited are shown, or remarketing for videos, focused on users who interact with the videos that we have uploaded to our YouTube account.
If you want to take your campaigns to the next level using dynamic remarketing, here is one of the best tools to start with . With this eCommerce ads automation you can save time to focus on what really matters: growing and developing your business.
It’s quite important to perform remarketing campaigns having previous knowledge and experience. However, you should be careful to not commit mistakes that kill your remarketing campaigns. For that reason, don’t risk your money & let us take care of it!
Let us optimize your campaigns for you!