eCcommerce Digital Marketing – Make your Ads Work!
Have you ever wondered what are the main paid platforms can bring relevant traffic to your store and why or when you should be using each of them? If that is your case, this is the perfect post for you to read about eCommerce digital marketing and eCommerce ads!
Why should you try eCommerce digital marketing?
Digital marketing or online marketing is a must nowadays if you are running an eCommerce or any kind of online business. Since the SEO actions to try to position your page organically in the search engines are long terms actions that will take weeks, months, or even years to show results. This is when digital marketing enters the scene, there a lot of different platforms where you can pay to show ads about your eCommerce and get qualified traffic in return. But not all the platforms work similarly and there are situations where you should be using one instead of another simply because it will work better with your business.
eCommerce advertising options
There are many different platforms that you can pay to get quality traffic and in this post, we are going to review some of them:
Google Ads is definitely one of the best options to bring paid traffic. Google has a global market share of 90%, which means that 9 out of 10 people that search for something on the internet, do it by using Google.
Google Ads pros:
- Bid for the keywords that are relevant to your store.
- Show your ads to the customer at the very moment they are looking for them on the internet.
- There’s a lot of metrics that you can use to measure the success of your campaigns.
- Google Ads provides faster results compared with SEO actions which take a lot of time to see results.
- It is easy to create your first campaigns.
Google Ads cons:
- It is easy to create the first campaigns but it will take more knowledge and time to optimize the campaigns.
- If there’s a lot of stores advertising your same products, the cost of each click will go higher and higher.
- If the campaign strategy is not well designed, it is really easy to lose budget.
If you are interested in advanced Google Ads campaigns for your eCommerce don’t forget to visit Clever Ads and install their solution for Google eCommerce Ads for free.
Social media with more registered and active users. Facebook is definitely a platform to consider to be used if we talk about bringing paid traffic to your online store. The way Facebook is built will allow you to target their users not by keywords but by interests which is quite interesting. In a simple way to explain it, their users tell Facebook what they like and you tell Facebook what you sell and Facebook will match you with those potential customers.
Facebook Ads pros:
- Massive amount of users and time spent on the platform.
- Targeting by interests instead of keywords.
- Really good choice to increase brand awareness.
- You can directly sell on Facebook.
Facebook Ads cons:
- Recent privacy problems caused them to lose a good amount of users.
- Your ads are only viewable from the user’s feed.
- If not well configured, the conversion rate can be really bad as you are targeting the wrong people.
If you want to read more about Facebook Ads and how to improve the conversion rate check out this post about Facebook reports.
Instagram is becoming day after day one of the social media with most projection. There are over 1 billion active users on Instagram and this number is still increasing. That’s why we recommend you give it a try!
Instagram Ads pros:
- Instagram is almost a fully visual social media, if you are selling beautiful or visually attractive products this is your chance to make your potential customers fall in love with your products.
- Instagram and Facebook are connected, so it is really easy to create a campaign for Instagram.
- Just like Facebook, Instagram is great to build brand awareness.
- Is the perfect platform to use if you want to target mobile users, as most of their users access the platform by using the official app.
Instagram Ads cons:
- Instagram ads CPC are high.
- There are almost no campaign types.
- Their users are mostly young people, so if your products are not this age range oriented you better don’t waste your time here.
What do you think about our recommendations, let us know in the comments section below!
Very informative blog post. Liked the facebook advertising part as currently running facebook ads for my eCommerce website. And there is no conversion. I will apply my learnings from this blog post.
Can you guide me to find perfect Targeting Audience for Beach Equipment Rentals?