Discover the Best & Free Keyword Tool for your SEO Strategy
Keyword planning, one of the most important aspects of SEO, yet it is often overlooked or not enough time is devoted to it. Before we dive any deeper, it is important to understand what a keyword is. Keywords are words that describe your page so that when people search the keyword on Google, they will easily find your page. The challenge is that some keywords are more competitive than others, so if you only bid for very competitive keywords, people might not actually find your page. This is why keyword planning is so important! By setting aside some extra time to – wait – extra time?! Yep, keyword planning does require extra time if you do it manually, but lucky for you, there is a fantastic free tool available that does just about everything for you, the Clever Ads Keyword Planner! So sit back, relax, and learn how you can improve your SEO without investing any extra time or resources.
- Check here our Chrome extension for SEO!
Keywor Tool – What are the benefits of a keyword planner?
Keyword planners make it possible to attract people to your page who are actually interested in your business. The Clever Ads Keyword Planner is designed to help you generate the best long-tail keyword, so your Google Ads campaigns can succeed.
Find new keywords
It is easy to discover thousands of new keywords and outperform the competition with the Clever Ads Keyword Planner. By doing so, you can have more opportunities to attract the right people to your business. This will also enable you to test out a bunch of different keywords and combinations with ease.
Better determine costs
Our keyword planner clearly shows cost-per-click (CPC) of all of your potential keywords, making it really easy to know what your costs will most likely be. Clearing up this doubt potentially frees up funds for other marketing strategies, or at the very least, makes sure you will not go over budget.
Create new search campaigns
If you link your Google Ads account to the keyword planner, you can directly upload your new list to your already existing, or new, campaigns. You can effectively see what keywords are missing from your campaigns to help boost their overall performance, likely earning you more customers in the process.
How do keyword planners work?
Keyword planners are super easy to use – if you know how to use Google, you will successfully navigate through any keyword planner.
- Type in a starting keyword and filter the location and language. Filtering is optional, and if you do so, keyword suggestions and metrics will be based exclusively on the filters you select
- A new window will appear showing you long tail keywords containing your starting keyword. Here, you will be able to view search volume, the trend of the keyword, CPC, and the competition level.
- Filter based on: search volume, CPC, competition or words to exclude/include.seo For example, if you know that you have a low budget, you may wish to filter out keywords via CPC, to only view options that you can afford.
- Once you have filtered out any options that do not suit your needs, you can directly download all of the remaining list or select specific keywords and make a variety of lists. Either way, you will get to name the lists and organize them to your liking.
- If you want to directly add your list with your Google Ads, which I highly recommend doing, this is the step where you will get to connect your account and sync everything up.
- Voila! If you synced your account, you will be able to check back whenever and make adjustments as needed. As well, you can directly adjust the keywords used in your campaigns at any time.
Keyword planner best practices?
One of the most important aspects of successful keyword planning is keyword optimization. It is important to periodically check your keywords performance, as this allows you to stop bidding on underperforming keywords and try out new options. By trying out new keywords, you can avoid spending unnecessary money on low-performing keywords.
This is just another reason to use a keyword planner. It is tough to keep track of the millions of other responsibilities you may have, so the Clever Ads Keyword Planner is set up to remind you to update your keywords.
Additionally, it is helpful to access new keywords from a variety of sources to avoid biased data. Other keyword planners on the market, like Google’s keyword planner, will only show data from one source, providing you with very skewed information. Selecting an unbiased keyword planner will help you make more informed decisions when it comes to your paid acquisition strategies.
If you have any other best practices to share, I’d love to hear them! You can email us at email@example.com to get more information about the Clever Ads Keyword Planner and share your thoughts about keyword planning in general.