Mother’s Day Marketing – Ideas for your Campaigns
If you have an eCommerce business, it is essential that you don’t lose sight of the importance of Mother’s Day Marketing and include it in your marketing calendar. This international event is fast approaching and it is important that you start preparing now. The power of a good Mother’s Day marketing campaign should not be underestimated, as it is an ideal opportunity to increase sales for your business.
Remember that it’s never too late to start preparing a successful Mother’s Day marketing campaign, even if your online advertising campaigns haven’t worked as well as you had hoped in the past. With a little planning and creativity, you can attract new customers and keep the ones you already have.
Keep in mind that if your products are primarily targeted to a male audience, Father’s Day is celebrated across the United States in June, which gives you another opportunity to boost your sales with the right marketing campaign. In summary, don’t underestimate the importance of Mother’s Day Marketing in your marketing calendar and be prepared to make the most of this opportunity to increase your sales and grow your business.
From Clever Ads, we would like to share some statistics from Adigital with all the eCommerce owners who read us:
The eCommerce sector has experienced significant growth in recent years, and Mother’s Day has become one of the most important dates for online businesses. The eCommerce sector invoiced more than 40,000 million euros in 2020, an increase of 18% over the previous year.
As for Mother’s Day, this date has established itself as one of the most important for eCommerce. According to a survey conducted by digital payments platform PayPal, 54% of people planned to make online purchases for Mother’s Day in 2021, and average spending per person was around €70.
In line with this trend, more and more businesses are joining Mother’s Day Marketing and designing specific strategies to take advantage of this sales opportunity. In this sense, experts recommend offering discounts, special promotions and exclusive products to attract the attention of consumers.
It is important to note that the eCommerce sector is one of those that have benefited the most from the pandemic and confinement, as more and more people have opted to shop from home. However, it is critical that online businesses continue to innovate and offer unique and personalized shopping experiences to maintain their competitive position in an increasingly saturated market.
Clever tip: try to make it easy for customers who want to shop from home to have Mother’s Day gifts shipped directly to their address for free. Be sure to advertise this, as customers find it a very important point.
After reading these interesting figures, you will have to start planning your Mother’s Day marketing strategy for your potential customers as soon as possible.
Mother’s Day Marketing Ideas
Celebrating Mother’s Day is a great opportunity to boost online sales and make your brand stand out. Here are some marketing ideas that can help you do just that:
- Bundle products: group your products based on mothers’ tastes and needs. For example, you can create a special package with beauty and personal care products, or with household products.
- Implement discounts and promotions: discounts and promotions are always a good way to attract customers. Offer special discounts or exclusive promotions for Mother’s Day, and promote them in your marketing channels.
- Organize a contest or sweepstakes: organize a contest or sweepstakes on your social networks to encourage participation from your followers. You can ask participants to share a story about their mother or upload a photo of her, for example.
- Use all formats for your posts: don’t limit yourself to posting only photos. Use all available formats for your posts, including videos, infographics and GIFs.
- Invest in CPC campaigns: cost-per-click (CPC) campaigns can help you reach a wider audience. Create attractive ads and segment your audience to reach the right people.
- Invest in Shopping campaigns: if you sell physical products, Shopping campaigns can be very effective. Make sure to optimize your product listings and use high quality images to catch users’ attention.
- Don’t forget to invest in Microsoft campaigns! Microsoft Advertising is another advertising platform to consider. You can reach a unique audience that uses Bing as their preferred search engine.
- Invest in social media campaigns: social media is a great channel to reach your potential customers. Use platforms like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to create ads and posts promoting your products and special offers for Mother’s Day.
Mother’s Day is an important opportunity for online brands. By using some of these marketing ideas, you can create an effective campaign that will attract customers and motivate them to buy. Don’t forget to measure the results of your campaign to identify what works and what doesn’t, and adjust accordingly.