Unlocking the Power of TikTok for Business Growth
TikTok has become one of the most popular social networks of the moment, with around 1,000M followers, mostly young people between 13 and 24 years old, and generally has more female users. This is a great opportunity for companies whose target audience is in this age range to advertise their brand. One feature of TikTok is that it is not necessary for a new user to follow other pages before being able to consume content. Keep reading this post about TikTok for business!
It is also a social network that allows many forms of interaction for users, as they can create videos, comment on other people’s content, react to their videos, and even create filters, so it allows companies many possible forms of interaction with users.
Companies can create their own content such as videos, lives or filters, promote their services with influencers, or as “native” advertising.
Understanding TikTok for Business
TikTok for Business is TikTok’s advertising platform where brands and companies can promote their services and/or products. TikTok is characterized by its dynamic and short videos that reach wide audiences, which can participate and interact with the content created by brands. Advertisers can use the tools offered by this platform to create more efficient ads and reach their target audience:
- Create ads: allows them to create short and entertaining vertical ads. Creativity is one of the most important aspects to stand out in this social network.
- Segmenting the audience: allows you to reach the right people, segmenting by age, location or interests, to reach the target audience.
- Advertising challenges: these are thematic campaigns with which users can interact or create related content. Encouraging participation with the brand or products. How to create filters…
- Collaboration with influencers: brands can collaborate with TikTok content creators to promote their products or services in a more audience-friendly way.
- Reporting and analytics: with TikTo’s tracking tools allow you to optimize your campaigns, obtaining data or analyzing ad performance, reach or interactions.
The Different Types of TikTok Ads
TikTok has a multitude of ad types, and because the platform is evolving, more formats may be available in the future. Some of the types currently available are:
- Ads in the feed: the feed, is the main page of TikTok, where the videos that the application recommends “for you” according to your tastes appear. You can create ads of up to 60 seconds, which appear in the user’s feed as another content to be viewed, allowing you to include hashtags, links or calls to action.
- Branded domain: videos on TikTok are in portrait format, but there is the option to view some of their content in full size. There are several options:
- Brand Takeover: these are ads that appear when the user opens the application, they can be short videos or static images.
- TopView: they appear in the feed “for you”, and are played after a few seconds.
- Hashtag challenges: these are thematic challenges related to the product, service or brand, in which users are invited to create and share their content, these challenges have their own hashtag. They can increase the reach and therefore the visibility of the brand.
- Brand effects: enable the brand to create effects, with which users can interact. It also allows the creation of interactive stickers that can be used by users in their content.
Targeting and Optimization Strategies
TikTok allows segmenting the audience to reach the brand’s target audience more efficiently, with several models:
- Demographic segmentation: allows segmenting by age, gender and location, which fit the desired target audience.
- Interest-based targeting: TikTok has algorithms that detect users’ interests, tastes and behaviors. Brands can use the data obtained to direct their advertising efforts to people interested in their products.
- Hashtag targeting: you can target an audience using a hashtag related to your product or your company’s industry.
TikTok offers several tools to improve the performance of advertising campaigns, as each campaign is different it is advisable to test the different options to find the strategy that best suits the needs of the brand. Some of the most prominent optimization techniques are:
- TikTok Ads Manager, which is TikTok’s platform that allows you to create and manage TikTok Ads campaigns. In addition to viewing the performance of the ads, segmenting the audience or choosing the budget.
- TikTok Pixel, collects data on your website conversions that have occurred thanks to the company’s ads and content on TikTok.
- TikTok Creator Marketplace, where brands can contact influencers to promote their products.
Success Stories: Real-World Examples
Netflix: the famous streaming platform has 34.5M followers on TikTok. On Netflix’s page you can find clips of his series or movies, and also funny videos of celebrities created especially for this social network. In addition, to promote the Bridgerton series, Netflix created the #BridgertonBee challenge, where they encouraged people to upload videos with period costumes and dances, the challenge was very supported.
NBA: the basketball league uploads clips of the best plays of the games, such as the players making jokes on the bench or at press conferences, and also show celebrities attending to watch the games. The NBA’s page has 20M followers.
Jason Derulo: the singer is very active on social networks, his 58M TikTok followers can enjoy
many videos of him dancing. Derulo released his song “Savage Love” and created the “Savage Love Dance” challenge on TikTok, which went viral, where users uploaded content performing dances with the song.
Best Practices for TikTok Ads
- Creation of compelling advertising content: the company must create content that is creative to attract the attention of the audience, it is advisable to use music, eye-catching elements, and short and clear messages. It is very important to research the target audience to create the content and message based on their interests and behaviors to get their attention.
- Advertisement: it is recommended that the duration of the ads is around 15 seconds to prevent users from skipping content. Also test with different visual elements such as call-to-actions to find out which ones work best among the target audience.
- Take advantage of TikTok trends: it is a highly recommended practice to increase the visibility of the brand’s products and reach a wider audience, while the trend lasts, people tend to interact, so it is a good opportunity to connect with them.
- Tracking and measuring success: use TikTok tools to improve your campaigns. Monitor key campaign metrics such as impressions, reach or conversions.
TikTok for Business allows brands to creatively advertise their products and services by generating audience interest.
TikTok has become a very popular social network, especially among young people. Thanks to the interaction options it offers, it allows you to stay connected with your audience, and even create content to connect with your audience.
In addition, TikTok has a multitude of tools to improve the performance of campaigns and segmentation to reach the target audience and thus achieve the marketing objectives of the brand. Do you want to know more abput how to advertise your business on TikTok? Read here!