Best free Shopify themes for your online store
Hundreds of thousands of online stores use Shopify Ads. Shopify Themes simplify the process of creating online businesses and offers a variety of services.
However, there are still some things that you will have to figure out by yourself. Check the best Shopify themes!
Pick the best Shopify theme for your eCommerce!
In terms of themes, the ones available on Shopify offer some benefits such as mobile responsive and customization.
However, the free options are quite limited. Our clients usually have problems when identifying which theme fits better to their store. Sometimes it is not about which themes are better or worse, instead what fits better for the type of store. Using a paid theme template, a free one, or even a customized one, not guarantee you more conversions. For that reason, this blog post focus on the free themes we consider the best options according to each kind of store.
By the way, did you know that we work with Shopify? We are official Premier Google Partners!
There is nothing wrong with selecting the default Shopify theme if its your first time using Shopify, it works really good and you’ll get to easily understand the styling options with it by testing. Actually I would recommend to play a bit with it until you get to understand how everything works for then jumping into any other themes that better fits with your business. Let’s check some of them out:
This wide-layout theme is perfect for beginners that are not familiar with web design and for stores with a medium to large-sized inventory. It comes with a lot of extra features like collection and product views, and also typography choices and navigation styles.
This theme also allows you to add a picture as your home page background, zoom in on your images, display related products and allows visitors to filter your products. Overall, it is a clean design that gives you the opportunity to focus the visitor’s attention on the items you are selling.
This theme is very stylish and simple; and one of the most popular Shopify themes. It is perfect for accessories or clothing stores. It focuses on the images in order to avoid distractions, making the products are always on the spotlight and offers some customizable options like changing images, colors and fonts.
The theme is also very easy to install. With its modern design, it includes a dynamic product grid, its own unique typography and an edge-to-edge homepage slideshow. It also allows you to feature blog content on your store.
The “Narrative” theme is perfect for stores which offer a small array of products. You obtain a lot of detail and flexibility due to its customizable content sections on its home page. For instance, it allows you to set a video that your visitors can see as soon as they land on your homepage.
With it you can show your brand or product story visually, using engaging animations, large imagery, and other cool features. Really easy to manage and configure.
“Venture” theme is designed for stores with a large number of products and different categories. It is normally used by sports equipment and goods stores.
This enables you to change colors and fonts and includes multi-column drop-down menus and a promotional bar (perfect for showing coupons and special offers) among other options. It offers visitors a faster and more convenient navigation across the site.
“Supply” is an Amazon-inspired theme designed for stores with medium to very large inventories. Due to this, it provides you with a filtering sidebar in order to make it easier for visitors to find the products they are looking for.
The theme is really easy-to-navigate and it manages to look modern and old-school at the same time. It also integrates with the App “Product Reviews” so users can review your products on your site. This way, it helps you create a community of loyal customers who help each other.
On Shopify’s website you can explore more free and paid available themes and information about each of them. Shopify provides you with details like the “theme features”, examples of stores which are already using it, and relevant reviews.
For more Shopify free themes click here.
Tips to choose the right Shopify theme
- Make a list of at least your top three features: you need to have clearly defined the top features the Shopify theme you choose need to have before finally choosing your Shopify theme. And then prioritize them from more important to less important. Then, filter the Shopify themes and keep only the ones that include those features.
- Filter according to your budget. Shopify themes prices vary from free themes to more than $200. If you can afford it we recommend you to go for a premium theme, in the end you get what you pay for. Eliminate the templates that are out of your budget from your list.
- Make your first impression count and choose featured images, series of images or a video to display in your homepage. Make the right first impact so your potential customers judge your site positively at first sight. Now keeping in mind the images or videos you’ll like to display there, keep only the Shopify themes that match with the style and colors of those images.
- Some Shopify themes are better for stores with limited inventary and some others are prepared for larger amount of products and categories to display. This is something very important to take into account when choosing your theme. The navigation required for small catalogues are completely different from the needed for large catalogues with hundreds or thousands of items.
- Shopify themes are created by developers, and not all of them have the same reputation. It’s important that you check if the Shopify themes you have left is well-rated. Also make sure to check that the support offered is consistent. Free Shopify themes are supported directly by Shopify but all third-party developers have their own support team.
- Test and experiment. Once you’ve set up your Shopify theme first version, keep testing and trying new things and compare how those changes impact on your performance. There’s no better way to discover what’s better for your site than letting your visitors tell you through their behavior.
Keeping all this in mind, there are some questions you should ask yourself before looking at themes are:
- What kind of experience are you trying to create for the people navigating your site?
- How are your competitors doing? What features do they offer and you like? Is there something that you don’t like?
- What features do you want for your store?
- How many products will you be displaying on your store? One? a few? a lot?
- How do you want them to be displayed? What do you want your store to put a focus on?
- Do you want a free theme or a paid one? What’s your budget?
A good way for getting inspiration is checking some examples of other stores using the Shopify themes you like to see the customization possibilities within the themes and helping you choose. There are some demo stores you can navigate to see the themes in action as well, and reviews for peace of mind and insight from other merchants who have already used the theme and theme support.
What happens if you don’t like any of the offered Shopify themes? Shopify also have the option to work with a Shopify Expert that can build a personalized theme tailor-made for you. However, take into account that this is a more expensive option.
Whatever you decide, you and only you can make the most informed decision for choosing the right theme that’s perfect for your store and business. There’s no “one size fits all”, so your intuition together with our guidance should lead you to the theme that’s gonna work better for you!
You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I
find this matter to be really something which I think I
would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me.
I’m looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the hang of it!
Hi, Shopify is more and more popular in the world, so you have many choices better. And may you use some Shopify of us, I’m sure it make you satisfied. Cause we are have a good team with the best supporting for u. why don’t you try use it?
Hello, you provide nice tips for Shopify theme for the online store, So thank you so much give the theme tips for Shopify. I m back to your next post.
I all the time used to study piece of writing in news papers but now as I am a user of web therefore from now I am using net for content, thanks to web.
thanks for your comment and good luck. Are u using Google Ads to promote your services? Don´t forget it can be a good way to increase your customers! Check our web for more info!
Thanks for the share in your article. you are best free shopify eCommerce theme provide i feel the proud of you.
thanks to You and your comment!
i’m using Plak theme for my one product store, and i’m extremely happy with it, however i would like to open a new general store, which theme do you recommend me ? Thanks in advance
Hi ALan, it depends which platform are u using. In our Blog you have several posts about different themens in the different ecommerce platforms available.
Thank you Lucy, i think i’ll make a blog on wordpress with my shopify store
This is nice information Good Job appreciate it
Thanks for your comment!
Great Blog! Very nice information related to Shopify themes Could help for startup e-store. That is the plus point of Shopify you can choose and customize themes according to your plan.